Rural Water Treatment
As access to clean drinking water continues to be a challenge in many developing countries, Pristine Water has partnered with many Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) in the development sector all over the world to provide clean safe drinking water to the Rural and Urban poor.
Electro chlorinator, which is the flagship product of Pristine Water, is a system that can produce a strong disinfectant from common salt, water and electricity. In areas where electricity is unavailable, solar power is used. Pristine Water has participated in many projects through NGOs by not only providing elctrochlorination systems for purifying water but also educating, training and guiding them to conduct the Safe Water System program in these rural areas.
The strategy is to make water safe through disinfection and safe storage at the point of use. The point-of-use treatment of contaminated water, using sodium hypochlorite generator to produce the disinfectant at the community level and distribution of the same to the rural population, not just takes care of the availability of chlorine disinfectant easily to all homes, but also generated employment and self-sufficiency as the disinfectant is produced on site with just water, salt and electricity, rather than buying chemicals or pellets from chemical vendors.
The CDC website states*, “There are several advantages in using a hypochlorite generators. First, local production of the sodium hypochlorite minimizes transportation costs. Second, in the event there is not a reliable bleach producer in the country, the hypochlorite generator can provide the capacity. Third, revenues from the sale of the solution can be used to help support operation and maintenance of the machine and to pay the operator.”
Some of our Rural water treatment projects:
- United Nations, Afghanistan – Supplied Solar based Electro chlorinators for producing Sodium Hypochlorite for Hospitals and Schools
- Catholic Relief Services, Madagascar – Supplied Solar based Electro chlorinators for producing Sodium Hypochlorite for rural villages. After the first supply was made, we received another order which was executed successfully.
- Care International, Madagascar – Supplied Solar based Electro chlorinators for producing Sodium Hypochlorite for rural villages.
- International Committee of Red Cross – Supplied Electro Chlorinators for Jorden
- Pardada Pardadi Educational Society, Anupshahr, Bulandshahr , U.P. India – For providing disinfected drinking water to the Rural poor.
- Enactus India – Through their initiative through SRCC donated Electro chlorinators for producing Sodium Hypochlorite, which were distributed among the urban poor at the out skirts of Delhi, India