wastewater treatment through Electrocoagulation
The amount of wastewater and effluent getting generated is steadily increasing with increased urbanization, economic growth and many other socio-economic factors. Today, nearly half of all the water that gets treated is wastewater.
The primary concern of wastewater treatment systems is the removal of pathogenic microorganisms. Secondarily, wastewater discharge should not contain compounds with environmental health impacts. While a chlorine residual is desirable in drinking water treatment, it is not desirable in wastewater treatment where chlorine discharged to the natural environment may adversely impact wildlife.
Chlorine is able to achieve disinfection goals through bacteria and virus inactivation. Chlorine can also oxidize and degrade soluble contaminants, such as agricultural or pharmaceutical compounds.
What Pristine Water can do for your Wastewater Treatment plant?
Pristine Water wastewater treatment system helps in treating Industry effluent by separating the oils and grease from the industrial effluent after the solid separation stage. As compared to the traditional chemical addition method, this method creates 70% less sludge and does not increase the TDS of the resultant water. The Electro Coagulation system can be used for the following treatment.
- Removing toxic heavy metals
- Removing suspended and colloidal solids
- Breaking oil emulsions and hydrocarbons in water
- Removing fats, oil, and grease
- Treating complex organic waste like arsenic, silica, etc.
- Destroying bacteria, viruses and cysts, and parasites
- Removing toxic and refractory compounds
- Removing pesticides and insecticides,
- Removing phenols and polyphenols,
- Removing cyanides and nitrites
- Odour causing compounds
- Hardness minerals such as calcium and magnesium
- Certain Radioactive compounds
Pristine Water Fluoride, Arsenic and Iron Removal Systems can reduce the concentration of the same to the acceptable range with the help of Electro Coagulation
At the disinfection stage, Pristine Water Electrochlorination system produces sodium hypochlorite from salt, water and electricity which is dosed into the water to disinfect it by killing the pathogens.